View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 10:58 AM   #8
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastolfe View Post
Or even better, they could create E-paper with enough shades of gray that the background could be adjusted from screaming white (to read technical documents, newspapers and textbooks) to soft, creamy, I'm-about-to-fall-asleep-on-my-book kind of white to read novels by the fireplace.

The Next Papyrus PageOne actually has an adjustable contrast. when you select between Highest/High/Normal it actually tweaks the "gamma" setting for the image/page. it is more noticeable in pictures but even with just text you can see the difference between highest and low.

my understanding is that page turn and battery life are effected buy choosing the higher settings but I havent actually noticed a difference. of course the pageone has an absolutely huge battery so ...
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote