View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 07:14 AM   #7
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
My Sony 650 seems to have very good contrast in very good light, the background - as you note - very close to as good as many paper books. The real difference, that I definitely notice, is that the contrast is rapidly lost when the light is not so good - even by relatively small amounts. The black is not so black and the "white" now a much darker gray. As someone switching back and forth between paper books and Sony reader this is a difference that I find very noticeable and it puts the reader at a distinct disadvantage to my no longer perfect eyes.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote