Thread: Possible bug?
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 05:42 PM   #99
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
After downloading the last beta, I did some tests.

First at all, my keyboard layout it can be seen in this post:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=26

I made tests with AltGr disabled and AltGr enabled. I also tested Ctrl + Shift combinations in both events. These are my results:

With AltGr disabled:
  1. Ctrl + Shift + 6 is not right detected. It detects "Ctrl + ^" when it should detect "Ctrl + &"
  2. Ctrl + Shift + ^ is not detected at all.
  3. Ctrl + Shift + 0 is not detected at all. It should detect Ctrl + = but it doesn't.
  4. "AltGr + 1" is detected as "Ctrl + Alt + |" but doesn't work. Nor "AltGr + 1" nor "Ctrl + Alt + 1". The same happens with all AltGr combinations; the chars are right detected but don't work.

With AltGr enabled:
  1. Regarding the Ctrl+Shift combinations, the same issues that in the case with AltGr disabled.
  2. "AltGr + 1" is detected as "|" but as shortcut, is not working (and it shouldn't because a char can't be a shortcut)
  3. With AltGr enabled, in the Shortcut field is written only the respective character, but not something like "AltGr + |" or "AltGr + @" or "AltGr + #", etc., etc.

Conclusions: with my keyboard, the Ctrl + Shift combinations work fine, except in the case of Ctrl + Shift + 6, Ctrl + Shift + 0 and Ctrl + Shift + ^.
With AltGr disabled, the combinations are right detected, but don't work. With AltGr enabled, no combinations are detected, only the respective character obtained by AltGr + Key.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote