View Single Post
Old 09-03-2021, 10:52 PM   #487
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachette View Post
This is using Calibre portable. S drive is a physical SSD installed in my PC. As for the type of epub, I'll be honest, I am not super familiar with the types. It is a manga that has the page order going from right to left rather than the traditional left to right. I have converted similar manga epubs in the past without issue, though I end up loosing the right to left page ordering.
Calibre portable is 32-bit, so that could be the issue. The book appears to have 385 chapters. It could be running out of memory. As it is a manga, the number of images could be causing that. Is it one image per chapter? Or are there more?

The error is the same as one reported earlier by someone when they pointed their TMP storage to a memory disk. There isn't anything obvious about why it would happen. Or unfortunately about how to fix it. A possibility is that the temporary storage is being cleaned up by something. But, if that was the case, I would expect a different error (a file not found type of error).

You could try using the KoboExtendedDriver instead of a conversion. That doesn't have the overhead of the full conversion pipeline. Or, if you have CBZ or CBR versions of the manga, you could try KCC to produce the kepub.

As to the page turning direction, that can be set in the OPF or in each file. A conversion should keep it. But, I don't know if it is picked up correctly when imported on the Kobo device. But, it will be respected if it is set. You can set it using my Kobo Utilities plugin.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote