View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 08:20 PM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohtse View Post
Kobo Touch (original a version)
Because Kobo have released "Edition 2" of some of the device, "original version" usually means the one without the extra parts to the name. The Touch is trickier as Kobo released three identical looking devices with very different internals and didn't change the name. They do have a different model number. This is N905 (the one I have), N905B and N905C. The model number is on the end of the device. In general, they can be treated the same, but there are some problems that only affect one of them.

But, I'll assume you mean the N905 version as I know that's been mentioned elsewhere in relation to this.

Most of the rest is about what I expected. And unfortunately doesn't give a clue.
Quote:
"Does changing any of the font settings change anything? The black on the sides look like the margins. Does it change width as you change the margins?"
Nope black boarded persists.
I did have an extended play with my N905 Touch last night and couldn't reproduce what you see. But, I was able to get some flashes of the black margins after making a few changes in the font settings. Then sometimes the bottom bar would go black if I selected an icon from the top bar while I had the font settings displayed.
Quote:
"I think you are saying that when opening the book, it is OK, but changes to this when you turn the page. Is that correct? And if so, what happens if you use the navigation bar or ToC to change pages?"
Black boarder persists regardless
By this question, I meant do the margins display as black when you open the book. Your original post wasn't clear on this. It sounded like it might have been OK when the book was opened, then went black when you turned the page. I'll assume I misinterpreted it.
Quote:
"Exactly what firmware version is this? This is mainly to make sure exactly what you are using is documented."
Issue started with the one mentioned in the title and is still present in the VERY LATEST one as of todays date.
I really, really hate that answer. The "very latest" firmware can depend on where you are and what affiliate you have. There are a lot of people who have said that here and then discovered they were wrong. It only takes a few seconds to check the actual version number. But, I'll assume you mean 4.6.9995.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote