View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 08:50 AM   #1
downeaster59
Guru
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 5, Onyx Nova 2, Onyx Note Air 2
Bootloop Fix for C67 series and Firmware 1.8.1

After I tried to upgrade to 1.8.1, my C67ML Carta 2 went into a bootloop after it rebooted. Onyx International told me that they were aware of the problem They have now posted a solution with factory tools to repair the issue. You can find them here.

This solution is for all C67 series devices. Be sure to download the right firmware for your kind of C67!

Update: I downloaded the files and followed the instructions. However, when I open the factory tool, I get two errors: can't open the config file and can't open a certain dat file. Then the factory tool crashes when I try to load the firmware. I've emailed Onyx to ask for help. If anyone has any ideas, please share them! Thanks.

Update #2: A clarification. The RKBatch Tool works fine. But with this issue, once I switch my C67 to download mode, I then need to open the factory tool (which is not the RKBatch Tool), load up the firmware, and then have the factory tool make some changes to the system partition before the firmware can be installed.

Last edited by downeaster59; 02-13-2017 at 10:34 AM.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote