View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 07:09 PM   #75
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I like using the 100% rebates to bootstrap other purchases; but I only do them when I was going to buy something else anyway. Well, unless I have extra cash so I don't mind leaving it in Micropay for a while.

I'm comfortable with the system and it works for me.

In other news they appear to have fixed the 105% rebate hole-- but that doesn't really bother me.

I do think if I bought more mobi than ereader I might prefer BoB, but there's something about the gleeful feeling I get from buying books and watching my Micropay balance shoot upwards.

As it is I think you can probably get about equal deals from the two stores if you time your purchases properly. In my experience BoB is more likely to have slightly better prices and FW is more likely to have better rebate deals. It all depends what you buy and when and how you buy it as to which is going to be the better store for you at any given time.

I recommend everyone try both and see which one you like better.

In the meantime I'm enjoying the Micropay rebates:

5.94 - 1 * The Lies of Locke Lamora [Secure eReader (recommended)] by
Scott Lynch
5.94 - 1 * What Fire Cannot Burn [Secure eReader (recommended)] by
John Ridley
6.79 - 1 * Kris Longknife: Intrepid [PRE-ORDER ONLY: Available: Oct
28, 2008] [Secure eReader (recommended)] by Mike Shepherd
5.94 - 1 * Mutant Chronicles [Secure eReader (recommended)] by Matt
Forbeck
4.24 - 1 * Interzone Science Fiction and Fantasy Magazine #216
[MultiFormat] by TTA Press Authors
4.24 - 1 * Interzone Science Fiction and Fantasy Magazine #215
[MultiFormat] by TTA Press Authors
6.79 - 1 * Wanderlust [Secure eReader (recommended)] by Ann Aguirre
-----
39.88 - Total
21.53 - *Rebate (Added to your Micropay account)

It's making me happy
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote