View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 04:27 AM   #17957
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Vika's Avenger by Lawrence Watt-Evans.
An enjoyable revenge/mystery story with an interesting backdrop. If he decided to do a follow-up, I'd definitely buy it. (But not because of any cliff-hanger. This book is a story complete in itself.)

Next I read another recent purchase, Among Others by Jo Walton

An absolutely wonderful diary narrative of a teenage SF/Fantasy fan and her involvement with magic. Very highly recommended. A 5+/5 book for me, one of only three this year.

In short, Among Others turns out to be really brill.

Hmm.... I've given 5 stars to all of Jo Walton's works that I've read so far. Impressive!

Next up: Thrice Bound by Roberta Gellis. From a recent purchase to my oldest unread purchase, from April 2002!

Last edited by pdurrant; 10-20-2013 at 08:47 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote