View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #19
henrikberggren
henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5 / iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
Why would anyone want an app that requires material to be uploaded to an unknown server in order to load onto your device for reading? Calibre is free and allows conversion among formats and direct loading. I can't see the point is using such an app. I cannot see a single advantage over existing "non privacy threatening" technology, but I can see it making simple reading more difficult. I have several thousand eBooks and I can select any one of them wherever I happen to be without jumping through "cloud" hoops.
What advantage do others see? I can find none.
Hey DarkScribe,

it's as Jessica Writes. Readmill is more than just a reading app. We're trying to create a community where readers & authors can come together to read, discuss, review etc. For that we've chosen to store peoples books on our service, which for the average user easier than having to use Dropbox/Calibre, but for power users like you maybe it's not the right choice. Happy to listen to feedback and make things better though!

Henrik
henrikberggren is offline   Reply With Quote