View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 06:01 PM   #14
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedr View Post
I am a new owner of a pocket edge (Woot deal). I downloaded the file listed in your post
and followed directions. I had the message not to shut down that software was updating. When the edge rebooted it just hangs in the startup initialzing mode with four lights lit under pocket edge. Any suggestions what to do?
First try resetting the eDGe by using a straight paper clip and pressing the reset (next to the USB port) IF the eDGe does not complete booting after a reasonable amount of time.

If this doesn't help try downgrading back to Dingo 1.6 and then download another update file and try again. You have to remember you are updating firmware and under perfect conditions it will work 100 percent of the time. Unfortunately this is not always the case and it may have to be attempted again. Please check my Resource Sticky for alternate download links and updated instructions which better verifies the media used in performing the upgrade and is almost foolproof when renaming the update. However, it doesn't sound like you had a problem renaming it. Also, it is best that your USB drive or SD card is empty when you perform the upgrade. Best of luck and I'm sure everything will turn out OK.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132878

Last edited by obsessed2; 09-28-2011 at 06:25 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote