View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 10:14 PM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
This is more significant than I initially thought, and it does allow any username and password an ebook supplier wants to use, see Customer FAQ: Adobe and Barnes & Noble. Jim Lester might want to comment further, but on teleread he says:
Quote:
The feature news from Nick, was basically saying that the next version of Content Server (I’d be surprised if the actual version number is 5 btw) will contain the ability to generate ePubs with the password flavor of DRM, so that you could buy these files, not just from B&N, but from any of the 100+ (and growing ) Content Server customers that decided to offer it.
I think this pretty much guarantees that mobile ADE licensees will implement this option on their new devices (once it is available), and probably even upgrade their existing devices.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote