View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 01:23 PM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsongs View Post
Not sure what Calibre is.
It manages DRM-free ebooks, including conversions between formats. It has its own forum here. If you have Calibre installed, then the command any2mobi will convert many ebook formats into MOBI. In this case I converted a MOBI into another MOBI, but because Calibre re-analyses the ebook much of the original metadata (including the clipping limit) is lost in the conversion. Note that any2mobi only works on DRM-free ebooks so you need to use mobidedrm first, which I why I suggested the command line program (any2mobi) from Calibre rather than its GUI. If you know how to use mobidedrm, any2mobi is very similar.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote