View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #6
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by elpaso View Post
Thanks,

I managed to download and view some of the raw images on the /etc/images but I couldn't find the logo image which is displayed when it is in standby mode, any hint?
I haven't found the "sleep mode" or "powered off" images, though I found a workaround to replace the "Powered off" image. When you pull the power switch to turn off your Kobo, the device runs /sbin/poweroff, which does the necessary work to power off everything. The "Powered Off" image is drawn BEFORE /sbin/poweroff is called, so here's what I did:

First I removed /sbin/poweroff. Then I created a new "poweroff" file in /sbin/ to replace the poweroff we just removed.
Code:
vi /sbin/poweroff
I made the new "poweroff" file a shell script, with the following lines:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
zcat /etc/images/kraken-ghostbuster.raw.gz | /usr/local/Kobo/pickel showpic
cat /mnt/onboard/YOUR_IMAGE.raw | /usr/local/Kobo/pickel showpic
/bin/busybox poweroff
Don't forget to make it executable with "chmod +x /sbin/poweroff". This script clears the screen (with the kraken-ghostbuster image), draws your raw image of choice, and then tells busybox that we want to shutdown.

Last edited by KevinShort; 05-08-2013 at 11:05 AM.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote