View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #3
sysKin
Connoisseur
sysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Aura HD, after a train ate my Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ah- View Post
I'm not sure but it might be that the home folder for the user you're trying to log in as doesn't exist.
Interesting point indeed.
However, I think it's not the case (hard to be sure without actually being logged in): /etc/passwd configures root's home directory as simply /
Other guides for setting up telnet don't mention any root home directory's manipulation either.
Can you think of a way to check if home directory might be the problem?

I'm personally suspecting /dev/pts right now: the script I used creates it and mounts it, but I see fstab is *also* mounting it. Is this expected?
Using ftp, I do see /dev/pts as "/dev/pts?" (question mark in the file name). Is that expected?

Last edited by sysKin; 12-14-2012 at 09:33 AM.
sysKin is offline   Reply With Quote