View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #9
doughayman
doughayman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Thanks, I am getting the idea that the downloaded Previewer is the problem. My problem is not to do with Kindlegen or text. Simply the book cover.

"The covers do not fit in the Kindle Previewer when the Kindle DX and Kindle are selected."

When you say "I also find that Kindle previewer usually displays exactly what I see on my Kindle " Do you include the cover? Or is the cover flawed?

And thank you to those who have taken the trouble to reply. I'm still surprised that more people have not queried the previewer -- or perhaps it is just the latest version that has the problem.
Thanks, https://www2.mobileread.com/i/smiliesadd1/thumbsup.gif
Self,

I just registered for this site, when I saw your issue. I AM HAVING THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM. My text is fine, but it's that darn Cover Image. I have fiddled with it on numerous occasions, changing its size and such, to no avail. Kindle Previewer does not render my Cover Image correctly for both the "Kindle" and "Kindle DX" device. I am not using KindgleGen to create my .mobi. Instead, I am using Calibre, which is Free (in case you don't know), and allows for a lot more granularity when it comes to fine-tuning.

I hate to have to buy one of these devices to actually physically test this. I have a Fire and an iPhone, and those render my image correctly, as does KP for those devices.

I am still on a quest to resolve this issue, as I do not want to publish a book that has a half-assed looking cover for some of the Kindle devices.

Frustrating !
doughayman is offline   Reply With Quote