View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 02:54 AM   #15
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebenist View Post
I wont say that the "l'avait" issue has never caused an outburst of "French"!
Unfortunately, Amazon doesn't seem to care.

Quote:
I'm using a Kindle DX with the built in French - English dictionary.
AFAIK, all Kindle models only come with free monolingual dictionaries. If yours has a French-English dictionary, you probably installed it yourself unless the DX comes with a special bilingual dictionary package.
(If your DX did come with a bilingual dictionary, what's the title and the publisher?)

Quote:
Can anyone recommend a better dictionary. If there is one I'd prefer monolingual French, such as le Robert.
The Kindle comes with a free large monolingual dictionary: Dictionnaire français de définitions by Synapse Développement.
It's not the Le Robert, but its 130000 entries should contain enough definitions for your purposes.
For more information on how to install it, see this Amazon UK help page.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote