Thread: Westerns?
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 12:39 PM   #2
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlander78 View Post
One genre I have never read is the classic western. I gather they sat alongside pulp and mystery novels for decades, but unlike the other two, I can't find a good way to get into western novels. Can you suggest some good ones, please - either authors or titles to look for? Perhaps even a publisher similar to Hard Case Crime, but for the western genre?

thank you,
Andrew
Zane Grey and Louis L'Amour are generally regarded as the masters of the genre.

One book I read lately and hugely enjoyed was 'Log of a Cowboy' by Andy Adams. Adams actually was a cowboy, and writes from experience.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote