View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 03:13 PM   #2
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Barnes and Noble compatible

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizyduke View Post
I am thinking about getting one of these readers. I have a couple of questions. Is Barnes and Noble switching over to epub? If yes, does anyone know when? Will the EZ Reader be compatible with it? The sites for books listed on the Astak website seem kind of expensive. Thanks.
Dear Daisy:

I work for Astak.

Barnes and Noble presently uses their own format (eReader). There was some definite news that they are working with Adobe to make their product compatible with Adobe Digital Editions... but I hear that will be Summer of 2010. SONY has anoounced that they will have their entire library switched over to Adobe Digital Editions in the first months of 2010... and those you will be able to get.

The Pocket PRO uses Adobe Digital Editions now and is trying to add eReader also (the contract changes are the roadblock). This is all for DRM eBooks (the latest titles). All other titles that are non-DRM can make use of the Pocket PRO's 20 non-DRM formats.

Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) is relatively new. Because of this there are a lot of websites in the process of switching much of their library over to ADE. Many new websites will be opening for it and will be announced at the annual CES tradeshow in Las Vegas (January 7-10, 2010).

ADE is the latest format and the greatest. You will notice over the next 2-6 months that a ton of wesbites will convert to it. As such, the Pocket PRO is a perfect choice as you will have SO many formats in DRM and non-DRM available to you! Prices will drop soon with more competition and I know that for a fact!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote