View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 01:10 AM   #6
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
A few days ago I verified that the tool I wrote for Onyx devices to start tethering also works on the Icarus.
You can download the .apk in the original post. Below is the reference:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
Given that enabling USB networking on the Onyx firmware is tricky, to simplify this step I just prepared an application: UsbNetworking.apk (remove the appended '.zip', only there in order to upload the file).
[...]
Unfortunately, you must have rooted the device to make it work: only the "system administrator" can apparently play with USB and its networking.
[...]
The application has two buttons - enable and disable. Provided you are connected through a USB cable, "Enabling" will start networking with the system at the other side of the cable and set an address for the device as "192.168.22.2" (you can then set the other system as something like "192.168.22.1" and start connection between any server and client on the opposite sides). "Disabling" will just revert to normality. If any button returns a "warning [no effect yet]" message, you are encouraged to press again.
[...] Of course, responsibility remains with those who try.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote