View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 12:46 PM   #1
Panchax
Connoisseur
Panchax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panchax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panchax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panchax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panchax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panchax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panchax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panchax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panchax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panchax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panchax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glowlight
Question Anyone run Linux on an ereader?

I have a Nook Simple Touch Glowlight, and would like to be able to type, download library books, access non-Barnes and Noble books, (Gutenberg, Mobileread, Faded Page, Google, Kobo, etc.)do my homework and maybe browse Wikipedia or online forums on it. When I bought the nook, it was with the understanding that I could run Linux on it and do this. I am now have some questions before I take the final plunge.
How well will the touchscreen work, and can a complete novice like myself get it to work altogether?
Which Linux should I choose? I want something that is small, light, fast and minimalistic, but I want a browser, an ePub reader, a word processor, Notepad++, and maybe even a C++ compiler. Is Tiny Core good, or should I choose something else?
Does anyone on here have any kind of eink device running a non-stock form of Linux, and if so, what does it do and are they happy with it?

Last edited by Panchax; 10-03-2017 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Add info
Panchax is offline   Reply With Quote