View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 02:57 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinsley View Post
I met similar issue with Cal V2.73 and win 7 x64.
I used to open "Metadata Modify" window and press the bottom button "Metadata Download".
Metadata Search ran like Swiss cuckoo clock for years.
I did not change any params. And one day this search hangs Calibre. No error message. I have to kill the freezed process.
Strangely, Book cover download was ok.

I update to 2.79 and the issue was still there.

Right now I found a way to bypass the issue.
Ctrl + D
and I click first left button "Download only Metadata".
It works fine. You can manually choose which field to update.

Best regards
Since both methods use the same settings, this suggests something is wrong with one of the configured (user vs builtin) COVER Plugins
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote