View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 06:16 PM   #12
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
@eschwartz:

Unfortunately, your script doesn't work, because kindlestrip.py requires two parameters: the original file and the stripped file. It also doesn't work with file names that contain spaces.

This script actually works:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

# IFS change for file names with spaces in them
SAVEIFS=$IFS
IFS=$(echo -en "\n\b")

# delete old log
rm -f conversion.log

# process all .mobi files in folder
for i in *.mobi; do
  python kindlestrip.py "$i" ${i%%.*}.new
  ret=$?
	if [ $ret -ne 0 ]; then
		echo "$i" was NOT stripped >> conversion.log
	else
		rm $i
		mv ${i%%.*}.new  ${i%%.*}.mobi
		echo "$i" was stripped >> conversion.log
	fi
done

# restore default IFS
IFS=$SAVEIFS

@Thalia Helikon:
You no longer need to use kindlestrip.py, because there's a recently discovered undocumented kindlegen parameter that'll prevent kindlegen from attaching the source files, -dont_append_source. You could use it in a shell script file to convert multiple .epubs with KindleGen:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

# IFS change for file names with spaces in them
SAVEIFS=$IFS
IFS=$(echo -en "\n\b")

# delete old log
rm -f conversion.log

# process all .epub files in folder
for i in *.epub; do
  kindlegen -dont_append_source "$i" >> conversion.log
  ret=$?
	if [ $ret -ne 0 ]; then
		echo "$i" was NOT compiled. Error code: $ret >> conversion.log
	fi
done

# restore default IFS
IFS=$SAVEIFS
(Of course, you'll also need to copy the kindlegen binary to ~/bin (or create a symbolic ink) and make the shell script executable.)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote