View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #4
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
It's so hard to know what another person will consider "incredible". One of my favorite books is Mystic River by Dennis Lehane. On the surface, it's just a suspense novel. But I felt it dealt with so many other themes - the loyalty and loss of friendship from childhood to adulthood, the loss of a child, the struggle of a person between "right" and "wrong" and how people determine what that is... I just thought it was a lot deeper than "just" a suspense novel.

I just downloaded a copy of James Hilton's Lost Horizon from the library. I read it when I was a teenager, so it's been many, many years. But I remember it being interesting and thought-provoking. It was written in the 30s, so I'll be interested to see how my tastes have changed over the years.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote