View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 01:54 AM   #1
videopope
videopope began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Losing Indents and Paragraph spacing

So I have been reading this site for awhile and been searching the net for a long time looking for a solution to this problem. So far I have been out of luck.

The problem is that when I try to create the epub document, everything converts, but I lose almost every indent, line break or page break.

The file was originally created in Word. I have tried importing that word file using the Kindle convert over email tool and the mobi that is created is as I describe above.

So I imported the file into Indesign and created my layout and the imported from Indesign to epub. Same exact problem.

I took the file and converted it to RTF, and then used Calibre to convert it to epub AND mobi. Same problem.

I saved the word file as a PDF - perfect formatting - then used Calibre to convert the PDF into epub and mobi. Same problem.

I understand that I can create the epub manually using HTML, but I don't know html, and excuse the laziness, I have no desire to learn it. I am thinking that if I create the epub manually, I could correct these problems, but like I said, i have no desire to learn html. Is there no tool out there that can do the heavy lifting for me? Is there a problem with my source file? What should I look for?

I would prefer not to upload the source file here for copyright reasons.

Please help!
videopope is offline   Reply With Quote