View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 03:38 AM   #12
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
should I create the "share" directory, since it doesn't exist on my PB? And should I just copy the "share" directory (with all its sub directories ) from the install package of the FBR180 to the X:\system?
You can create share directory manually, or it usually gets created automatically when you unpack archive. Just make sure that the files in archive\\system\share\fbreader get copied to X:\system\share\fbreader.
There is no X:\system\share\ directory on reader as it comes from factory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
And another thing: if I instal FBR 180, does it mean that I wouldn't be able to use regular FBR, until I uninstall FBR180?
There are TWO ways of installing FBReader180:

1. you copy fbreader180.app to X:\system\bin\fbreader.app.
This is the simple way, and in practical use the new application is used instead of built-in. If you want to use the old one you remove (or reaname) X:\system\bin\fbreader.app (*)

2. you copy fbreader180.app to X:\system\bin\fbreader180.app.
Now you have to tell the PocketBook that there is a new app available and ypu have to configure what file formats are being opened by the new app, and you have to configure where in the menu (first item (that gets used by default), second item, last item).
So you get extensions.cfg for PB602 (different models have a bit different versions of this file) and edit it to your tastes and copy it to X:\system\config\extensions.cfg (*)
You can get extensions.cfg at:
2.A. This site
2.B. in the Coolreader installation archive or perhaps FBReader installation archive
2.C. you can install poterm.app to the X:\system\applications directory, run it and use that terminal emulator to copy files from /ebrmain/config/* to /mnt/ext1/ (No, I do not expect you to mess with poterm.app but you must be wondering how we got the first copy of extensions.cfg ;-) ) There is an old post by me, where you can see that step-by-step

(*) Like with many things, the programmers in Kiev, Ukraine made the software in such a nice and well thought-out way that when there is user config file in X:\system\config\ or binary (meaning executable program) X:\system\bin in it will get precedence over file that is inside in the main memory of the device
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote