View Single Post
Old 05-06-2022, 12:12 PM   #11
brocahantas
brocahantas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by oston View Post
I just sent, as an email attachment, an epub file to both my Kindle Paperwhite (1oth Gen) and also to the Kindle App on my Ipad.

I use the email addresses for each of the devices and the epub just shows up in my Library, after being converted to KF8(AWZ3)

The Cover IS visible as a thumbnail in my Library on the Ipad, but not as a thumbnail on the Kindle. But when I open the book and navigate to the Cover in via the TOC, the cover IS visible on both devices.
HTH
Jim
Interesting, I didn't even realize each device had it's own email address. I thought you just emailed to your "Kindle Library" and then it'd be accessible everywhere. I've just had Calibre set up to email MOBIs to my Kindle, and then they'd also show up in the app.

If you send to each address separately, will your reading progress sync up? Or are the treated as separate books?

Also, can you get page numbers to work when emailing epubs? I use the "Count Pages" plugin in Calibre but I don't think MOBIs support them, or at least I never found a way to get them to work on Kindle.

My perfect scenario is: ability to have progress sync on Kindle and iOS app, show cover art on both, and have ability to see page numbers. So far I've had to compromise on one or more of those things.
brocahantas is offline   Reply With Quote