View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 10:36 PM   #15407
LovesMacs
Fanatic
LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Atlas Shrugged is highly overrated.
*shrug*

I will say this upfront, I don't agree with Rand's ideology, at least what I see as a very rigid portrayal of what and who is right and wrong in this book.

Setting that aside, I enjoyed reading Atlas Shrugged, despite what I consider serious flaws in plot, dialogue, and character development. Her prose has been described as dense and wooden, but I would even say that she is under-appreciated as a stylist because of her very visual descriptions of scenery.

I think Atlas Shrugged is worth reading at least once, to see what the fuss is about and be able to discuss it intelligently. I plan on reading it again.
LovesMacs is offline   Reply With Quote