View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 05:53 AM   #5
Jones_13
Jones_13 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Keyboard 3
Hello. I am writing a report on the successful recovery of two practically dead Kindles. The reason was still in the cracking of the balls under the processor. On the advice of eddie.t.h (many thanks to him!) I warmed up the processors of both books with a soldering hot air gun at a temperature of about 280 (the station is calibrated and the temperature approximately corresponds to the set one) until the balls under the processor melt. Additionally, I used a lower heating of about 120 degrees to reduce the likelihood of deformation of the board from overheating. After cooling down and connecting the batteries, the books immediately started working - the charge went off (about 800 mA), the normal reaction to the power-on slider (the green LED lights up), when connected via USB, the internal memory with all folders and books was seen. There was no need for flashing and resetting. After a day of books in a sleeping state, there is no increased battery discharge.
I described everything in detail in case my experience is useful to someone else.
Thanks again to eddie.t.h for the cpu soldering advice! It seems that this is indeed a typical malfunction of this Kindle model.
Jones_13 is offline   Reply With Quote