View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 07:22 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubemike99 View Post
Now this is interesting. I was snooping around the commandline, and was shocked to find I was drawing 85 mA while on screensaver. I ran a ps aux an was shocked for a second time that one process, while in screensaver, was using 30% of both processor and memory. The attached pastie has the whole process. I see exception handlers in there, so I'm assuming this is not a good thing to be running.
1) A screensaver displayed != system suspend (as Hawhill noted).

2) Ah, no, you don't want to prevent running cvm. That is the "heart" of Amazon's Java system. (The "soul" of the system was left on the floor at lab126.)

3) What may be significant is the length of that command line - -
What maximum command line length the 5.3.3 Busybox is built with should be checked.
Busybox can be built with (as I recall) a 4096 character maximum length.
That command line is reported by the pastie to be 4097 (which over-wrote the trailing zero, if it is a 4096 character limit).
Note: Amazon is running a fairly old version of Busybox - it has been a long time since I built versions that old - I may be wrong about there being a command line limit in Ash.
Note 2: There may be a single line length limit in that pastie site. This all may be a red herring.

4) If the start-up of cvm is approaching the shell's command line limit, then a more significant (error?) is that lab126 is including all supported locale jars in the classpath.
Maybe that is required by their design, but if not, then it should be only loading the current locale jars. (Oops)

If you are feeling adventurous - - -
Install 5.3.4 - (remember to restore the things which need restoring, listed in the Jailbreak thread)
Check that cvm command length again (pasted somewhere like you just did).
Note: Or better, just attach as a compressed text file to your reporting post. No external site, line length limit in that case.

Repeat for 5.3.5 and 5.3.6, report on each.
The first post has a link to an off-site archive of the various Amazon image releases, these are "complete" images. You can "update" to one of the earlier firmware versions after testing all of them.

OR
The device is still under warranty - call Amazon CS and report it "broke" - play dumb about the details - get it replaced.

Last edited by knc1; 07-19-2013 at 07:49 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote