View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 06:57 PM   #24763
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Come gather 'round people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
You'll be drenched to the bone
If your time to you
Is worth savin'
Then you better start swimmin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin'.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCWdCKPtnYE )

Changes... So many changes... people, places, things... even memories.

Good morning, everyone! Another busy day in the Land of the Rising Yen. Yesterday I threw out 6 large bags of old closet, shelf, and drawer stuffers, things I haven't used (or even seen) since my last move four years ago. I'm a pack-rat, storing away things I find as I'm out and about, thinking 'gee, I might find a use for this one day.' Each day I leave the house with an empty backpack and return with it filled with this and that, especially craft items. There must have been one bag just filled with interesting pieces of wood, feathers, rocks, leather scraps, photo clippings, styrofoam shapes.... now gone to the Great Recycler in the Sky.... Get the garbage out, and then the packing becomes easier. Just a couple of weeks and we are gone! Bike is sold. Car is sold. People stopping in every few days to look at the condo with estate agents... Changes.

But no change in my tea. Today it's unbranded Keemun tea, some Kalamata olives, hummus, and prosciutto for breakfast, then a quick straighten-up and vacuuming of the house as the next group of potential buyers comes in at 10am. Then it's off for a fast 10k walk into town and back, then back to the boxes. The moving company dropped off 20 cartons the other day, but this time I doubt we'll fill that many. We've really reduced our material lives. Sartre said, in his book, "Nausea," that "the past is a landlord's luxury." That is so true... I've thrown away so many knick-knacks... things we've picked up along our travels. Now they are just memories. Nice ones...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote