View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 09:14 AM   #1
Coren
Coren began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Post Making an eBook version of a Visual Novel/Video Game?

I am currently working on this free visual novel game called Crimson Rafflesia, about crazy psycho murderous teenagers and lots of messed-up relationships and painful secrets. For those who may or may not be interested, you can find out more about it here: [Link deleted - MODERATOR]

A visual novel is basically a cross between an ebook and a video game. It's pretty much a choose-your-own adventure ebook with pictures and music and occasionally, flashy animation effects. This project is going to be free, but given the amount of artwork I'll have to continue making for it, I am unsure as to how long exactly it'll take to finish it.

Someone then proposed to me - since I have most of the writing done anyway, why not make it an eBook and publish it online? I admit that it's a charming little idea, but I'm very nervous about it. I barely know much about the online ebook community, but it seems like such an avid group of readers and aspiring writers that I can't help but want to know more. So now my questions here are:

1) Will this be a good idea?
2) How do I get started, if possible?

Thank you so much! (:

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-23-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Coren is offline   Reply With Quote