View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 10:28 PM   #54
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Thanks for the reply.
Cannot still grasp the concept. If they signed with harlequin, and Harleqin transferred the rights to a subsiduary or other company would they stilll not get what they signed for?

I know if you buy rights you can sell them. But if the sale of those rights includes payment terms can you just change them willy nilly?

Take mineral rights for example. If the sales contract says that the seller will retain rights to 20% of the moneys derived from these mineral rights, does this dissapear on resale of the property without your agreement? Maybe it does and I am unaware.

And if there is no clause for ebook rights how can they sell the ebook? And if there is a clause of 6-8% you can't sue in this class action. So who can sue?
That is my biggest question.

I have a few more, but if someone could explain this one to me, maybe they wold be answered as well.

Helen
The plaint says that they entered an agreement with a Swiss subsidiary of Harlequin, not Harlequin itself. They claim that as Harlequin did the actual publishing and marketing that they are entitled to a rate they would have received if they had been dealing directly with Harlequin itself.

Seems straightforward to me. They had a deal and are trying to change the deal after the fact. I can't see that they have a chance of success.
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote