View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 07:58 PM   #10
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Thanks Perran, that worked! It seems the issue for dictionaries is having it recognize it has a *dictionary* installed, not so much that it has a *book* installed. When I downloaded the proper French dictionary that the Kindle gave me in its last update, I was able to use that just fine by, as you say, just placing the cursor there. I still can't get my Merriam-Webster French-English translation dictionary (purchased from Amazon) working with the French books, but my French is good enough now that the other one will probably suffice.

When I did some more fiddling, it seems that this dictionary is listed as a choice under the English language options, and even though I tried downloading to Calibre and setting the language there to French, then sideloading that, it isn't recognizing it.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote