Thread: Calibre 4.2
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 06:27 PM   #43
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Clara HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Pro, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by deback View Post
So, it appears that the author of Calibre used 64-bit code in the 32-bit software. Is this correct?
Incorrect.

Quote:
Because I know I downloaded the Windows version and not the Windows 64-bit version from the Calibre Downloads page. Anyway, I'm fine with using 3.48. It's the most stable version I've used since I started editing books in Calibre. But I'm wondering why my 32-bit system has one tiny problem with the 32-bit Calibre software???
As mentioned before, the internals of calibre have been updated. QT WebKit has been replaced by QT WebEngine for example. And that's the part of calibre that drives your display. 3.48 was the last version before the changeover so you are still using QT WebKit with a generous number of workarounds for it's bugs.

Quote:
So, if I upgrade this video card, do you think the 4.2 problem I'm having with the File Preview window will be fixed?
The problem may be fixed with a new video card/driver combo. OTOH, if you are happy with 3.48, you might want to wait until you upgrade your system before switching over.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote