Thread: Calibre 4.2
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 05:35 PM   #39
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT(Fixed,New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
<rant>
Welcome to the world where the OS (updates) obsoletes working hardware.
I just discovered that the latest W10 update no longer supports the scanner part of my 2002 era workgroup class MFC. First W7 dropped the network use of the scanner (still network printed) and FAX, but I could string a 16' USB cable across the aisle and scan. Nope, not even that (checked the MFG: Use MS W10 driver ). I broke out my old XP machine and a pen drive. Success
W10 dropped Media Center, so my HD tuner no longer worked (the suggested workaround did not work).
Anyone for a SCSI (HP4C) scanner? I binned all the Zip disks and drives, snails were faster and held more than100MB a trip .
How about letting stuff die out before burying it. Some of us just bought quality stuff because we either worked it hard or wanted dependable, trouble free usage. </rant>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote