Thread: Calibre 4.2
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 04:40 PM   #37
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why are you on a 32-bit Windows?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So the thing to do dump 32-bit Windows for 64-bit Windows. There's actually no reason to run 32-bit Windows 10. You system is from 2017 and will support 64-bit. Why did you make such a mistake as to run 32-bit?
This may come as a shock to you, but some of us actually use lightweight computers that neither need nor support 64-bit Windows.

I do most of my computing on an iPad mini; I’m responding with it right now. It’s handy, compact, and easily capable of handling most of what I do in an average day. For most of my other tasks, I use a $100 Win10/32 netbook with a small solid-state drive and an Atom processor. It may be slow, but I don’t need a lot of speed when I’m writing, editing, or fixing ebooks. Once in a while, for a couple of specific tasks, I drag out my full-blown desktop replacement laptop… but after setting my netbook up with calibre and moving my library to an external drive, I only need the big dog for things like high-resolution image processing or massive data-crunching.

I think I’ve said this to you before, but if so, it obviously bears repeating: Your use case is not universal. Other people exist and have needs and priorities which differ from yours, and that’s okay. We’re allowed to exist, and we’re permitted to have different opinions.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote