View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #8
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
I have no use for PDFs. If I need to read in fixed format with no font resizing, eink screen certainly is not the right tool.

Loving the touchscreen. yes, you may accidentally forward pages if the screen is not locked, but it's a minor issue given what it provides. It also nicely couples along with a much faster refresh rate for the screen. let's not forget my original iriver Story has a pre-Pearl screen...

why a card slot? it's got wifi. Let's be honest here, folks: in 2GB there fits more ebooks than you'll probably ever read in your lifetime. Omnibuses of Shakespear, Plato, Dickens, Toltoy, Milton you name it. We're not talking here about HD audio/video streams in the house of GBs, but mere text fitting in about 200KB or less -- it's laughably less than 1MB! If you're a truly gluton reader, you may simply just delete old books you probably won't ever touch again and replace them with newer ones. In any case, it's still more than a few books weighting in your backpack during vacation...

regarding the Calibre conversion, I noticed early on in the very first chapters garbled text and sentences that made no sense, so I read on Kindle app on the smartphone and indeed things went bad somehow... perhaps I should update Calibre and try again...

though it's too late

it was roughly 2x what I paid for the old Story last year in Brazil. quite an amazing feat by Amazon. glad they came...
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote