View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 02:16 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarlozzi View Post
I've used Karen's Replicator software to copy additional books in my Calibre folder from one computer to another computer, but the Calibre software interface on the other computer is not reading the books from the replicated folder.
If the replicator software is also copying the metadata.db file then you should see the new books.

Issues that might cause this not to work are:
- calibre being open on the source computer and locking the metadata.db file so it cannot be replicated.
- calibre being open on the target computer so the metadata.db file cannot be written. Even if it was, calibre expects to have exclusive access to the metadata.db file while it is running so would not see any changes.

In short, as long as you replicate both the book files and metadata.db file, and Calibre is not running at either end while this takes place then it should dock OK.
If your goal is to replicate completely the same library in two spots then listen to itimpi. This is good advice.

My advice was based on two people with different libraries wanting to transfer some books but not overwrite one library with another.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote