Thread: Vox Uses for a Vox?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
FriendlyFire
FriendlyFire began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Uses for a Vox?

So I've just realized that I still had a Vox gathering dust around here. I was so disappointed with the hardware that I shelved it quickly and bought an Asus Transformer tablet + Kobo Glo and never looked back.

I was now thinking whether there was any sort of use for the Vox that would somewhat justify the $250 invested in it. It seems like Kobo's quickly dropped the product in favor of the Arc with no concern for shafted users, but that shouldn't really surprise me considering the hardware.

What I'm looking for is a purpose for the Vox. It's still running pitifully outdated Gingerbread, I can't keep it running for more than a few hours without a reset and it's so sluggish that gaming or even magazine reading feels like a pain. I'd thought of using it to replace my Dash alarm clock which is getting phased out (at least that worked well and only cost me $100), but then I remembered that the Vox has this horrible tendency to freeze up and thus that makes it a fairly terrible alarm clock.

So basically, what uses are there for the Vox besides reading books, for which my Glo is much more competent in just about every respect?
FriendlyFire is offline   Reply With Quote