View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 11:51 PM   #14
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
American press remains fairly standoffish, and sometimes downright hostile to the S4 mini. The most recent headline to catch my eye: Galaxy S3 refresh coming soon, what’s the point of a Galaxy S4 mini? The point of said editorial is not to explain the point of the s4 mini, naturally, but to rhetorically say that there is no point.

Because why would anyone prefer a 4.3" (I wouldn't complain if it were smaller myself) device to a 4.8" device? I get that my preferences aren't universal, but sometimes I wonder why so few bloggers understand the same about their preferences. The android platform thrives on tailor fits over one-size-fits-all, so you'd think at least an android blogger would get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Nexus phones are released before the Xmas holidays, so you have a long wait ahead.
The Nexus 7 replacement may be announced in May, at Google IO.
There were substantial and credible rumors starting last summer that November would yield 5 Nexus devices (running Android 5 on Android's 5th birthday) maybe from 5 different manufacturers. Maybe the rumor was outright wrong, maybe it was very preliminary and got completely scuttled, or maybe plans were simply delayed. Indeed, I think Key Lime Pie was originally slotted to release then, but they split off a few features and released a second Jelly Bean instead. If plans for a fuller nexus lineup was merely delayed, they might not wait until winter to roll out the next nexus phone (phablet?).

But then, I'm a tech news romantic. I give no quarter to reality. I still secretly hope for a Nexus Mini Pro (sub 4" landscape qwerty slider with tilt!) even though I know such a device would give whoever is in control of Nexus aesthetics multiple coronaries. "Buttons...on a phone?! So many buttons!" fade to black and the distant sound of a heart monitor
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote