View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #25
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I don't get it if this by the same people and it looks that way. Why not just direct people to the free site instead of making an apology page with a few freebies. :chinscratc.
Complete guess on my part (& they're definitely from the same folks), but I'd guess they're trying to minimize scenarios like...

Customer goes to eReaderIQ and sees a deal, clicks link, buys said book then before leaving sees link to FreeReadFeed, clicks link goes on a freebie shopping spree and all of those get credited to eReaderIQ due to the 24 hour affiliate cookie

...after going to the trouble of making things separate it would kinda defeat the purpose.

I think the possible lightening of freebies that hit my radar screen might be a good thing for me personally. I've gotten in the habit of grabbing anything remotely interesting "just in case" and it's really made my Kindle library ridiculously large and in need of thinning.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote