View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimble View Post
I have had a 912 pocketbook for a week.
To get a USB connection normally means plugging in/out three or four times. It is not the cable or laptop. The problem is laptop/cable independent. It only occurs with the pocketbook and not with phones, usb sticks or even the two kindles in the house.

The question is, is this a problem with pocketbooks or should I think about sending it back ?
I get the impression from this forum that this is not uncommon, but I cannot find any more quantitative impression.
I would like some simple feedback - yes I have to plug/unplug or no, it just connects reliably every time I plug in the USB cable.
The firmware is the latest, 2.1.3.

This is really irritating. Otherwise, it is a fascinating device. A bizarre mixture of the cute with the truly terrible. For the reasonable price, I quite like it.
are you on windows? This is driving me crazy, too (I am on windows) since the last update - I hope the new firmware solves the issues, but from what I can gather from the ukranian forum, it is a firmware related (not device related) issue.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote