View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #230
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
As we were talking about privately, mine became worse as well. Very strange. When I first received it, it looked great, now it's more pink.

Here's a pic of my current PW on the left (the one I'm happy with but it has those glowing specks and the color hues are very faint in person) next to my older one. You can see the older one in darker and more muddy. It's much more pronounced in person compared to the pic. In person the screen on older one is very pink and darker. Both lights are at 24.

I'm sorry to contradict, but both your Kindles are fine.

I have put your picture into Photoshop and picked some colors. The left Kindle is next to perfect. Everywhere I pick the color, the picker gives values like this:

R: 199, G: 205, B: 203

This is an almost perfect, very light gray.

It varies a bit, but on most places, all three colors are within a 195-205 span. In the bottom, it jumps to around 210-215, so it's a bit brighter there, which is obvious because the LED's are there.

The right Kindle is the same, but it's a bit duller. The values that are picked are between 185 and 195 for R, G and B, so there is no noticable color cast. It could be that this Kindle is indeed a bit duller / less bright than the left one, but still it does not have a color cast.

With regard to color casts, your eyes are deceiving you, and sending these devices back will gain you absolutely nothing, except maybe a worse Kindle. I am sorry to state this so pointedly, but both of these Kindles are near perfect. This is not a subjective statement. Photoshop color picking outcomes support it as a fact.

edit: I cannot test for "specks" using pictures, but with regard to evenness and color casts, both Kindles are fine. If you have a photo editor (Photoshop, Elements, Paint Shop Pro) then load the picture into it, and you can actually check this yourself.

Last edited by Katsunami; 02-01-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote