View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penge View Post

1. Using an SD card just seems to crash the whole thing every time, even if the card has only a few books on it.

2. The screen is unresponsive most of the time and very very slow.

3. I've been using it for two days and it has crashed four times since, leaving me with the only option but to do a factory reset, losing all the books I'd put on it. So frustrating.
Your crash issue sounds like you may have a "bad" epub on there that it is choking on. Try playing with adding books one at a time and using it for a bit and see if it starts crashing when you add a particular book.
The screen should not be that unresponsive. This suggests you have either a faulty Kobo or something interfering with the IR beams. Screen protectors aren't a known issue with this, but if it is sticking up that could be part of the problem.
Between the unresponsive screen and crashing I would suggest exchanging it and seeing if the new one is any better.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote