View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #12
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
When I scan a book, I set the ellipses the way the original text had it. If they were more spaced out in the printed book, they stay spaced out in the ebook, and I've run into that most often with older books.

I've also run into the end of a sentence then followed by an ellipse, which meant 4 periods and no space of course between the last word and the first period of course. And the next ellipse in the same paragraph might have a space before the ellipse started. And I keep both of those the same. All depends on the original for me.
so when a piece of dialogue "just fizzles out like this...."
there should be a total of 4 dots, not 3? I was not aware of that subtlety. Looks a bit strange now that I have typed it.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote