Thread: Arc Kobo Arc
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #128
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTess View Post
@Kobo-Robin...I'm curious about the facial recognition software. It sounds like a cool way to protect the Arc, but have to admit I'm worried about what happens if something goes wrong? At least with a p/w or pin you have a chance of it suddenly coming to you in the middle of the night, but if the FR app goes wrong, I assume the only recourse is to reset the device?

Thanks...
No idea about the Kobo Arc.
But I've tried the facial recognition protection on Samsung Nexus.
Nice gimmick, but far from safe.
I've made a picture of myself on iPhone 4.
Samsung Nexus easily was tricked by that.
Of course, one has to have a picture of the owner. But then it's quite simple.
If, for whatever reason, facial recognition wouldn't work, additionally you still can define an additional protection, for example password or gesture.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote