View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 10:45 PM   #21
PocketGoddess
Connoisseur
PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, KSO, Nook, iPad
And. . . we're back!

Seems that the Amazon folks were being overprotective, and thought that someone had hacked into my account. Took them nine hours, but I have full access now and it seems that everything is good.

The bad news is that I have to give up on reading though three UK-only Kindle books, which makes me very sad. One of the titles is over $300 for a *used* paperback copy, which is well past my budget, especially considering that the UK Kindle version is less than 10 pounds.

Unfortunately I don't have any friends in the UK, so I'm out of luck--no one to send them to me. Hopefully my experiences have been at least a little instructive for others. The moral of this story is that if you want to read books that aren't available in your home country's Kindle store, it probably isn't worth the risk of losing your Amazon account to read them!
PocketGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote