View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
laurevieu
laurevieu began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
no refresh on M92

Hello,

I've got my first e-reader, a Boox M92, 4 days ago. And this is my first post on this forum.

After only half a day of experimenting the features and reading a little some documents, the M92 stopped refreshing properly, making the device nearly unusable.
I cannot trace back what action caused the change of behaviour.

Basically, there are two kinds of refresh errors:

- not refreshing at all, i.e., no apparent change of page after asking for a new page (either with the arrows, with the joystick, or selecting a function icon). When reading a book and turning to a new page which doesn't show, if I click on the refresh icon in the bottom right corner, the refresh is done in two steps: first a refresh that leaves the previous page very dimmed in the background, and after a second click on the refresh icon, a full refresh. But if I'm not reading and selecting a new application or function on, say, the main page, there is no refresh icon (or I didn't find it), and then I'm basically lost in an invisible page. The "no refresh" occurs apparently randomly but very frequently, about once every two or three times.

- showing two pages at once. This happens almost systematically when turning to a picture page with (almost) no text, in a pdf file. Then the picture is completely meshed with the previous page. If clicking on the refresh icon, the page seems to appear correctly (but with an image, if the previous page is dimmed in the background, I probably wouldn't see it), except in a few cases, for which I couldn't analyze the reason, where the meshing persists.

Rebooting has no effect at all.
In particular, if I had stopped reading a pdf on a picture page meshed with the previous one, reading again this file after a reboot shows me again the same meshed page.

At the beginning, I did not really understand that the problem was a refreshing one, and the state of the device degraded further up to a point that when rebooting I was no longer shown the initial Onyx image with the three books, only the booting progress bar, and the main page showed partially only.
I then updated the firmware to the 1.7 version (update-20120514), which apparently went on correctly, and just after that I formatted the internal storage.
I presently do not use the internal storage for documents, only the SD card.
The booting page now reappears correctly again, but the refresh problem persists.
It seems it is worse if I select the option "always refresh", and better if I select the option "refresh every 3 (or 5) pages".

Thanks in advance for any suggestion towards a solution.

Laure
laurevieu is offline   Reply With Quote