View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 09:05 AM   #16
Laridae
Addict
Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Blackberry PlayBook, Nexus 4, ChromeBook
VOX Meltdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by renee0986 View Post
Forget using it as a tablet. If I were even able to read books without having to fight with it I would be satisfied.
Actually that's the one thing it's still good for; reading books. My ePubs were stored on the external SD card so they were not lost. I can continue to read them once I re-import them into the built-in Kobo reader app. (Note that this only works for non-DRM ePubs. If they have DRM they will be ignored and not imported with no message given.)

But, having been zapped once I don't trust it anymore and understandably won't spend much time setting it up and installing more apps since it could happen again at any time.

So, fwiw, my final solution to all this is to basically abandon the VOX and buy a RIM PlayBook - same size, similar price, but functionally wayyyy better! It's the one I should have got in the first place. Live and learn!

Last edited by Laridae; 05-23-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Laridae is offline   Reply With Quote