View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #54
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxor View Post
The SIP reference guide is not exactly the best documentation I've seen so far: http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/...ip4/using.html

It's more like an extremely short example to get an impression of what SIP looks like. But sip won't work with a snippet like this:
Code:
enum WaitMode {
        WAIT_NONE           = 0,
        WAIT_BEFORE_UPDATE  = 0x01,
        WAIT_COMMAND_FINISH = 0x02, 
        WAIT_NORMAL         = WAIT_BEFORE_UPDATE,
        WAIT_ALL            = WAIT_BEFORE_UPDATE | WAIT_COMMAND_FINISH
    };
The only error message is "syntax error" with a line number referring to the "WAIT_ALL" line in the above excerpt. You'll never know what's wrong - neither from the sip documentation nor from the error output. That's really confusing...

Would be really handy to know somebody who is familiar with SIP... (At the moment, I'm looking for help in the PyQt mailing list.)

EDIT: Is somebody here, who understands what is written in this part of the documentation? http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/...tax-definition To me, it looks simply like garbage. I don't understand anything...

I'm going to open a new thread for this to attract interested developers. If nobody is interested in working on this, I will have to give up on this project, because I'm totally unable to understand how SIP works from the official documentation.
*sigh* SIP's an industrial standard - and as such a (sorry for the german term ) "eierlegende Wollmilchsau"... you've got exceptions from exceptions from exceptions all over the place... after what I gathered from a friend who once tried to work on a SIP library a _long_ time ago, it's something you want to use, but not to work on or to understand :P

W.r.t. your python package: Does it support the sqlite3 extensions? If so, I'd see whether I can wrap a script around peter-x's SVG export script to run it directly on the M92... that might be useful...
...otherwise, I'll return to looking at pdf_utils (and the multi-color issue) again.

I'd be interested in your scratchbox2-setup description on the wiki - maybe that would facilitate some things w.r.t. porting...
...also another question (I'm curious, sorry ): You mentioned that arm-debian were binary compatible to the M92 - did you try the chroot idea (or to use the debian gdb for your PyOnyx debugging)?

Cheers and keep up the good work! Appreciated

Last edited by kodomo; 05-01-2012 at 11:50 AM.
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote